Parents and Carers
At LDE UTC we are passionate about providing a curriculum which is integrated into our students’ experience of learning to deliver outcomes, and raise aspirations.
The careers programme is designed to meet the needs of the learners and will show progression through activities that are appropriate to the learner’s key stage of learning.
Our intention is:
- To help young people develop an understanding of their strengths and limitations, their skills and abilities.
- To develop employability skills using Skills Builder Framework, and through interaction with employers.
- Identify their technical skills.
- Have access to an impartial Careers Advisor in year 11 and 13.
- To help our young people to learn about opportunities for future learning and employment, make informed decisions with our support and manage their transitions.
- To help ensure that, wherever possible, all young people leave us with employment, further education or training.
As parents/ carers it is vital that you are a part of this whole journey and are informed or know where relevant information can be found. Information on the current labour market is a useful tool for when decisions are being made about your child’s future career plan.
'The Parent Perspective’ Podcast is an exciting new 8-part podcast series for parents and carers, helping them to support their children with careers advice and guidance follow the link here: The parent perspective podcast
About the podcast: Parents and carers are one of the biggest influencers on a young person making their career decisions.
This is a joint venture between Amazing Apprenticeships and Not Going to Uni, who want to make sure that they are supporting parents to feel informed and confident in providing careers support and guidance to their child, so that they ultimately make the best decisions with them.
This podcast series will provide a space for listeners to:
- Explore which careers are available today
- Showcase the experiences of interesting and diverse role models
Below is a list of sites which you may find useful and you are always welcome to speak to the relevant Heads of Year or Janice Tricks our Careers Leader.