- UTC leavers are two to three times more likely to start an apprenticeship at eighteen than national averages.
- UTC alumni who start an apprenticeship are more likely to do so at a higher or degree level, representing 6x the national average.
- 7 in 10 UTC alumni take a science subject at university vs 4 in 10 nationally.
- Female UTC alumni are more likely to start at university or an apprenticeship than national averages. Very few become NEET.
- UTC alumni who identify as a black ethnicity are three times as likely to start an apprenticeship than national averages.
- 71% of female UTC alumni who started an apprenticeship did so at a higher or degree level.
- 81% of apprenticeship starts are in STEM areas of the economy.
- The UTC NEET rate after leaving at 16 is one fifth of the national average.
See an interactive map below: