LDE UTC is a successful apprenticeship training provider developing industry relevant programmes in collaboration with regional and national employers. Our programmes offer recognised qualifications which equip apprentices for their job and for progression in their chosen career. Apprenticeships combine on-the-job training with classroom learning and we work closely with our employer partners to ensure apprentices develop technical, and behaviour skills as well as the knowledge and competence to work in a range of engineering and civil engineering roles.
Students: Launch your career with an apprenticeship and discover your dream job. An apprenticeship is your chance to apply knowledge you have gained in your school/college in a real-life situation. To undertake apprenticeship training at LDE UTC you must first obtain a job and be employed as an apprentice. Your employer will then send you to LDE UTC for your training. If you do not have a current employer, keep an eye on opportunities that may be posted below.
Employers: work with us to upskill your workforce and bring fresh, innovate and dynamic ideas to your business whilst providing opportunities for the next generation. We are registered with the government to provide training both for levy and non-levy companies.
- Civil engineering technician Lvl 3
- Digital engineering technician Lvl 3
- Building services design technician Lvl 3
- Construction Site Engineering Technician Lvl 4
- Civil Engineering Lvl 4 (Framework)
- Civil Engineering Lvl 6 (Degree Apprenticeship through UEL)
Engineering and manufacturing
- Engineering technician Lvl 3
- Maintenance and operations engineering technician Lvl 3
- Engineering design and draughtsperson Lvl 3
- Project controls technician Lvl 3
- Furniture making and the BCC courses Lvl 3
- Digital toolbox
- Independent study (UEL library)