Art, Design, Architecture, Product design:
Watch the following video from the Design Department which runs our Built Environment Course:
Throughout this course, young people will gain a blend of technical and academic skills in order to become work-ready individuals for either employment and/or universities.
Learners will study the materials, processes and technology used to create and design the built environments along with exploring the importance of health and safety on construction sites. Learners will develop an array of skills; report writing, construction calculations, technical drawing, digital modelling, presenting and collaborative working.
By opening the door to higher education or employment in the construction, design and engineering sector through employer involvement opportunities we hope to develop learners who have transferable skills development such as case study research, teamwork and client communication. There will be an opportunity for learners to showcase their skills, through practical assessments, the underpinning knowledge and skills needed to meet industry requirements to help close the UK skills gap.
At the end of the course, learners will successfully be able to demonstrate their knowledge of construction, skills and understanding through work-related contexts and synoptic tasks.
When you have achieved this qualification, you have a choice of seeking employment or going on to further learning, progressing on to qualifications such as:
• Construction Technician Apprenticeship
• Higher Apprenticeship in Construction Operations Management
• Foundation Degrees in the following areas: Construction and the Built Environment, Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying, Conservation and Restoration
Learners can apply to University to study a range of qualifications within the construction and Built Environment sector;
• Architectural Design Technology
• Construction Management
• Civil Engineering
The BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Constructing the Built Environment could lead to employment opportunities for you as a:
• Construction Design Technician
• Construction Site Technician
• Civil Engineering Technician
• Construction Site Engineer
• Construction Work Supervisor
• Construction Site Supervisor
• Architectural Technician
• Building Surveyor
• Civil Engineer